My new card’s arrived for GD86!
Today my card’s came from the printer, which was pretty quick.
I chose to get my card’s printed with a spot varnish (Spot UV) added to the front and back and they turned out really well.
From my original post “GD86 Business Cards“, you can see I chose “Front 2″ and “Back 3″ as most people I asked thought the front looked striking, which I agreed with. I changed the logo on the front where it say’s “GD86″ to a darker red and placed the Spot UV on that area, which allowed it to stand out differently on the red background.
On the back of my card, I chose to add the Spot UV to the top icons to give the items something more. I was at first going to put a Spot Varnish on the QR code, but I decided against this as QR codes don’t work well with any glare on them.
I had experience with my previous card’s, I created for my previous name “Gouka Design” which had a spot varnish applied to the front of the card, which can be seen below.
I love the finish of the Spot Varnish applied on backgrounds of card’s, which stands out more than using just a normal colour.